IREB Requirements Engineering Foundation Level
The unambiguous definition and management of requirements is crucial for any development project. The quality of requirements engineering largely predicts the success of these projects. The pressure on clear requirements is increasing. Systems are becoming more complex and those involved often have conflicting interests. Clients are no longer satisfied with systems that do not meet the requirements. In addition, with good, unambiguous and complete requirements you prevent a lot of (expensive) repair work later on in a development project.
The Foundation Level addresses the advanced beginner in Requirements Engineering and provides the core knowledge of this topic. The Foundation Level encompasses the elicitation of requirements with appropriate documentation, requirements verification and validation as well as their management throughout the end-to-end product life cycle.
This 3 day course is fully updated and based on the latest syllabus of the Certified Professional in Requirements Engineering Foundation Level (CPRE-FL) (released October 2020). Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the CPRE FL exam.
- Introduction and overview
- Fundamental Principles
- Work products and Documentation
- Requirements Elaboration
- Process and working structure
- Requirements Management
- Requirements tools
A person with a CPRE FL certificate
- is familiar with the terminology of Requirements Engineering/Business Analysis and Requirements Management,
- understands the basic techniques and methods of Requirements Engineering and their application,
- is familiar with the most established notations for requirements.
- got awareness of the importance of good requirements
- have a clear picture of the field of requirements engineering and the role of the requirements engineer
- have insight into the most important techniques of requirements engineering
- has knowledge of the most important UML diagrams for requirement engineering (Class diagram, Use case diagram, State diagram and Activity diagram)
- has knowledge of other modeling techniques for requirements engineering (Goal Model, Entity Relationship Diagram, State chart and Data Flow Diagram)
- have insight into the main techniques of requirements engineering to manage requirements
Who should attend
Everyone working with Requirements Engineering, Business Analysis, software and systems development, who is demanding in terms of quality and professionalism, should strive for it.
IREB CPRE Exam
Attendees to the course can optionally also take the IREB CPRE Foundation level exam. The exam consists of 45 multiple choice questions.
Tutor: Rogier Ammerlaan
A consultant, manager and trainer in software testing, agile, business analysis and data & analytics, with more than 20 years of experience in the financial banking and technical automation industry, working for a number of Dutch and International companies.
Rogier is ISTQB certified and specialized in test process improvement and in developing complex test strategies. He is a certified ISTQB trainer for software testing, business analyses and requirements management and specialized in the areas of data migration and chain testing.