This 3-day practical course is intended for software testing professionals who wish to build on the knowledge and skills of the Foundation Level and further develop their test analysis, design and execution skills in order to become highly-skilled Test Analysts. During this training you will learn all about test analysis, test techniques, usability testing and review. Emphasis lies on deepening your knowledge of structured testing and the application in practice. You will practice with a comprehensive case.
This 3 day course is based on the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst syllabus. Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam.
- Test management
- Test phases (planning, specification, execution and closure)
- Exit, entry and acceptance criteria
- Test documentation
- Risk management and translating this into a test approach and test techniques
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Table Testing
- Pairwise Testing
- Classification Tree Method
- Use Cases
- State Transition Testing
- Exploratory Testing, Error Guessing
- Defect based test techniques (software attacks, defect taxonomies)
- Selecting the proper test techniques and determine a test approach
- Review principles, informal reviews, walk through, technical review and inspections
- The use of checklists and rules
- Testability reviews of requirements
- Non-functional testing
- Overview quality attributes
- Techniques for usability testing
- Questionnaires (SUMI), Heuristic evaluation
- Test automation
- Key-word driven testing
- Tools for the test analyst
- Be able to perform test activities appropriate to the software development lifecycle
- Be able to prioritize the testing activities on the basis of the results of a risk analysis
- Be able to select and apply the appropriate test techniques and apply tests that provide the necessary confidence, based on the agreed coverage criteria
- Support the testing activities with appropriate documentation
- Be able to determine the appropriate form of functional tests to be applied
- Be able to bear the responsibility for usability testing within project
- Effectively take part in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, thereby applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in products
Who should attend
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to know wand have more practical knowledge on test analysis. This training is especially targeted at senior test analysts, test leads and test consultants. Note, one must possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and a minimum of 18 months testing experience is recommended.
Attendees to the course will receive a complimentary copy of the book “the ISTQB Senior Test Analyst” written by Erik van Veenendaal.
ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam
Attendees to the course can also take the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam. The exam will take place on 3rd day of the course and will consists of 40 multiple choice questions whereby 26 correct answers are required to pass the exam. With more than 700.000 people certified, ISTQB is the world-wide standard for software testing certification.
Tutor: Erik van Veenendaal
Erik van Veenendaal (www.erikvanveenendaal.nl) is a leading international consultant and trainer, and a recognized expert in the area of software testing and requirement engineering. He is the author of a number of books and papers within the profession, one of the core developers of the TMap testing methodology and the TMMi test improvement model, and currently the CEO of the TMMi Foundation and president of Curacao Testing Qualifications Board (CTQB). Erik is a frequent keynote and tutorial speaker at international testing and quality conferences. For his major contribution to the field of testing, Erik received the European Testing Excellence Award (2007) and the ISTQB International Testing Excellence Award (2015). You can follow Erik on twitter via. @ErikvVeenendaal