“Pick your battles”
Test Managers face battles. The best way to win these battles is to come up with a solid strategy and compliant tactics. A Test Management Strategy is one of the crucial (power) tools of a Test Manager. This lunch session will start with presenting some key elements a Test Manager has to be aware of with regard to ensuring a transparent and controlled Test Project. We will look into Stakeholder Management, Product Risks and the Test Approach.
The second part of the session we will look at some battles that a Test Manager or Test Team might face:
- Project Management battle: How to organize tests when time for tests is reduced or limited?
- Business battle: How to show the relevancy of our tests and our bugs?
- Testing battle: How to start testing when design or requirements are not finalized?
- Trend battle: What is the impact of Agile and Continuous improvement on testing and Test Management?
You will learn
- The importance of the discussed key elements and how they can help you in your organization to make testing more successful
- How to deal with different challenges facing your test projects
- Some practical do’s and don’t’s when facing the various battles
Tutor: Iris Pinkster – O’Riordain (The Netherlands)
Iris Pinkster – O’Riordain is test manager at Professional Testing BV and has experience in testing and test management since 1996. She co-developed Logica’s method for structured testing: TestFrame®, their test management approach and TestGrip, the method on test policy and test organization. She is co-author of the books published on these topics. She often speaks at (inter) national conferences. In 2007 she won the EuroSTAR award for “Best Tutorial”. In 2017 she was Program Chair for EuroSTAR. In 2019 she was Program Chair for ExpoQA