TMMi is the leading model for test process improvement. It is applicable to both traditional and Agile environments. Organisations and individuals are increasingly adopting TMMi to improve their test process and have their test process or test organisation accredited. Attendees will be achieve a detailed understanding of the TMMi model, including the goals, process areas and practices for each maturity level. They will also learn how to apply and use TMMi in an Agile context. Afterwards, they will be able to guide and advice an organization or project when using the TMMi model as a basis for their test process improvements. TMMi based assessments, both formal and informal, are also discussed during this 2 day course. The course will be a mixture of lecture and many practical exercises to allow attendees to gain a detailed understanding of the TMMi and the various ways it can be used in practice.
This 2 day course is fully updated and based on the latest version of the TMMi Professional syllabus (released January 2020). Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the TMMi Professional exam.
- Context of test improvement
- Introduction to the TMMi model
- Overview of the TMMi maturity levels
- Structure and components of the TMMi model
- TMMi model in detail
- Applying and using TMMi in an Agile context
- TMMi formal and informal assessments
- Implementation of the TMMi (incl. critical success factors)
- Test improvement manifesto
- Explain to management the business importance of test process improvement
- Guide and advice an organization or project when using the TMMi model as a basis for their test process improvement, both in traditional lifecycle environments as Agile context
- Provide support in the interpretation and understanding of the TMMi model, including the relationship of the TMMi to the CMMI model
- Act as a co-assessor in informal TMMi assessments
- Participate in programs for improving the test process within an organization or project and can identify critical success factors
Who should attend
The TMMi Professional course and qualification is aimed at anyone involved in using the TMMi model. This includes people in roles such as test process improvers, test consultants, TMMi (lead-)assessors, business stakeholders, test managers, and members of a Test Process Group. The TMMi Professional course is appropriate for anyone who wants an understanding of the TMMi model. Holders of the TMMi Professional certificate will be able to demonstrate a level of knowledge required as a prerequisite to become an accredited TMMi lead-assessor or assessor.
TMMi Professional exam
Attendees to the course can optionally also take the TMMi Professional exam. The exam will take place on 2nd day of the course and will consists of 40 multiple choice questions whereby 26 correct answers are required to pass the exam.
Tutor: Erik van Veenendaal
Erik van Veenendaal (www.erikvanveenendaal.nl) is a leading international consultant and trainer, and a recognized expert in the area of software testing and requirement engineering. He is the author of a number of books and papers within the profession, one of the core developers of the TMap testing methodology and the TMMi test improvement model, and currently the CEO of the TMMi Foundation and president of Curacao Testing Qualifications Board (CTQB). Erik is a frequent keynote and tutorial speaker at international testing and quality conferences. For his major contribution to the field of testing, Erik received the European Testing Excellence Award (2007) and the ISTQB International Testing Excellence Award (2015). You can follow Erik on twitter via. @ErikvVeenendaal