Workshop TMMi Quick Scan
TMMi is the leading model for test process improvement. It is applicable to both traditional and Agile environments. Organizations and individuals are increasingly adopting TMMi to improve their test process and have their test process or test organization accredited. The TMMi quick scan workshop is designed to build on the skills acquired on the TMMi Professional course, by preparing students who want to gain the knowledge and practical skills required, to go on and perform a TMMi quick scan for a (test) organization or project.
Attending the TMMi quick scan workshop allows attendees to actually start with TMMi. An essential part at this is to determine the status of an organization or project with regards to the TMMi, and to subsequently determine the improvement areas and actions. The attendees to the workshop will learn how to perform a TMMi quick scan either internally or externally for another organizations. The course is a mixture of lecture materials, practical exercises and discussions with an experienced accredited TMMi Lead Assessor to help prepare delegates to deliver TMMi quick scans with confidence.
- Assessment types with TMMi
- Recap of the TMMi model structure and key concepts
- Recap TMMi levels 2 and 3
- Scope planning of the TMMi Quick-Scan
- Preparation (studying documents)
- Conducting the TMMi quick scan (team interviews)
- Analyze the findings and determine TMMi quick scan ratings
- Determine test process improvement recommendations
- Preparing and presenting TMMi quick scan report
- Application to become a certified TMMi test process improver
- The main objective is train the participants for them to be able to perform a TMMi quick scan in practice.
- Understand the TMMiquick scan, its role in improvement, and the difference with formal and informal TMMI assessments
- Make use of the structure, framework and terminology of the Test Maturity Model Integration (TMMi)
- Identify the scope and participants needed for a successful TMMi quick scan
- Collect quick scan assessment data through teams interviews and document review
- Understand how to identify improvement opportunities
- Be able to report the results of the TMMi quick scan
Who should attend
IT and testing staff, e.g., test managers and IT/test consultants, who need to implement better testing practices in their workplace. Process improvement personnel and IT-Auditors who wish to have a structured approach to determine the maturity status of testing and to identify test improvements.
Note, the TMMi Professional certificate or equivalent knowledge of the TMMi model is a highly recommended pre-requisite to attending this course
To facilitate and support the execution of a TMMi quick scan in practice, the following artefacts, under license, will be provided to the attendees after a successful completion of the workshop:
- A TMMi report template
- A TMMi quick-scan process description
- Checklists and supporting forms for TMMi levels 2 and 3.
Certified test process improver
The quick-scan workshop will adhere to the requirements of the TMMi Foundation regarding assessment knowledge and skills to become a Certified TMMi test process improver. The public register for Certified TMMi test process improver (Certified TMMi consultants) can be found at https://www.tmmi.org/tmmi-test-process-improver-regiser/. Participants can, if they wish, after they have sucessfully attended the workshop apply to also become a Certified TMMi test process improver provided they also meet the other criteria.
Tutor: Erik van Veenendaal
Erik van Veenendaal (www.erikvanveenendaal.nl) is a leading international consultant and trainer, and a recognized expert in the area of software testing and requirement engineering. He is the author of a number of books and papers within the profession, one of the core developers of the TMap testing methodology and the TMMi test improvement model, and currently the CEO of the TMMi Foundation and president of Curacao Testing Qualifications Board (CTQB). Erik is a frequent keynote and tutorial speaker at international testing and quality conferences. For his major contribution to the field of testing, Erik received the European Testing Excellence Award (2007) and the ISTQB International Testing Excellence Award (2015). You can follow Erik on twitter via. @ErikvVeenendaal