TMMi is the leading model for test process improvement. It is applicable to both traditional and Agile environments. Organizations and individuals are increasingly adopting TMMi to improve their test process and have their test process or test organization accredited. Attendees will be achieve a general understanding of the TMMi model, including the goals, process areas and practices. They will afterwards be able guide and advice an organization or project when using the TMMi model as a basis for their test process improvement. TMMi based assessments, both formal and informal, are also briefly discussed during this workshop.
The Curaçao Testing Qualifications Board (CTQB) has recently become the TMMi Local Chapter for Curaçao, the Caribbean and Surinam. During this workshop we will together discuss next step needed and possible to implement TMMi on the island.
- Context for test improvement
- Introduction TMMi model and TMMi initiative
- TMMi Foundation, career paths and accreditation of (lead) assessors
- TMMi maturity Levels
- TMMi level 2
- TMMi & Agile SW Development
- Critical Success Factors
- TMMi on Curaçao – next steps
- To have an overview and understand the background of the TMMi
- To understand the basics of test process improvement
- To be able to assess test maturity using the TMMi as a reference model
- To understand how to prioritize, define and implement practical test improvements
- How to apply and use the TMMi beneficially in both traditional and Agile environments
Who should attend
The TMMi workshop is aimed at anyone that may become involved in using the TMMi model. This includes people in roles such as test process improvers, test consultants, (lead-)assessors, e.g., ISACA members and auditors, and test managers. The TMMi workshop is appropriate for anyone who wants an understanding of the TMMi model.
Tutor: Erik van Veenendaal
Erik van Veenendaal (www.erikvanveenendaal.nl) is a leading international consultant and trainer, and a recognized expert in the area of software testing and requirement engineering. He is the author of a number of books and papers within the profession, one of the core developers of the TMap testing methodology and the TMMi test improvement model, and currently the CEO of the TMMi Foundation and president of Curacao Testing Qualifications Board (CTQB). Erik is a frequent keynote and tutorial speaker at international testing and quality conferences. For his major contribution to the field of testing, Erik received the European Testing Excellence Award (2007) and the ISTQB International Testing Excellence Award (2015). You can follow Erik on twitter via. @ErikvVeenendaal